Greek Roots is a nonprofit, volunteer-based organization committed to helping youth, aged 15-29, connect with their Hellenic heritage, their communities and each other. We are inclusive, welcoming all youth who espouse the values of Hellenism or are interested in learning more about Greece and Greek culture.
If you are of Greek descent or have a fondness for Greece and Greek culture, and are between 15 and 29 years of age, you should sign up below to become a Greek Roots Volunteer. It’s free and will help you gain valuable experience.
Volunteer to Support the Hellenic Community of Greater Montreal’s Annual Greek Independence Day Parade
SUNDAY, MARCH 26, 2023
The Hellenic Community Of Greater Montreal’s Annual Greek Independence Day Parade will be held on Sunday, March 26th, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. in the Parc-Extension borough. Montreal’s Hellenes and Philhellenes will come together to wave their Canadian, Quebec and Greek flags and show their colours with great pride. The Parade will showcase many groups, including all HCGM Schools and Departments, Greek associations, educational institutions, and various cultural communities.
Up to fifty volunteers are needed, to help with all aspects of the parade, including:
- Greet and interact with people attending or participating in the parade, ensuring a positive and safe experience for all to enjoy. (Greek flags will be provided for you to hand out)
- Work with police officers, police cadets and support crews to ensure proper crowd and traffic control before, during and after the parade
- Assist with the managing of dignitaries and representatives from International, Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments who will be in attendance
- Assist with the audio-visual and other technical set-up requirements before, during and after the parade
- Support the media who will be there to report on the parade
- No skills or previous experience are necessary.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you will be asked to submit a signed release form from your parent or guardian.
- Instructions and orientations will be provided closer to the event.
- You will be provided with clothing/markings to identify you as a volunteer.
- To get to the location, we encourage you to carpool or take public transportation
- Meals/snacks are not provided. Please bring a snack or plan to purchase a meal nearby.
- We will provide a volunteer confirmation following your service. Please allow up to two weeks to receive your confirmation
Please complete the form below and choose from the available volunteer opportunities:
"*" indicates required fields